Friday, November 8, 2013

Heavenly Hugs


I have the blessing of receiving many hugs in our ministry. We live in a rural area of Bolivia where we teach practical skills to underprivileged children while reaching them for Christ. This picture was taken when I visited the local government school to register these precious children for our computer classes. They blessed me with heavenly hugs.

Often, we are asked what we miss the most from home. That's easy to answer––family and friends, of course. Our granddaughter recently celebrated her ninth birthday. We missed the party. But, there is a heavenly hug available. It travels through the heavens and comes out through a phone or a computer. We are blessed by the technology we have available to us today. Before Internet, we got mail once a month and rarely made a phone call. Now we are blessed to have instant communication daily.

God has blessed me with a ministry of physical hugs from children every day and ethereal hugs from across the miles often. Even when I miss a birthday party, I am content where God has me. He is my refuge. I feel His heavenly hugs underneath His everlasting arms.

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms;" Deuteronomy 33:27 (NIV)

Thanks Internet friends for your friendship through the heavens––sending you heavenly hugs today!

No comments:

Post a Comment