Monday, January 27, 2020

"Cookies" that Don't Rust


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moths and rust destroy," (Matthew 6:19 NIV).

My Eternal "Cookies"––I’ve known them since they were born. Some were in my Sunday School classes, some in youth group and children's programs, and most in our computer classes.Then, they became young ladies and entered my Bible and cooking classes. 

We baked chocolate chip cookies--they'd never had one. They learned many things, but most importantly, everyone accepted Jesus as their Savior. They are my eternal "cookies" that won't rust. I used God's recipe (His Word) and saw Him mold them, little by little, to His image. Finally, I watched them fly out of the nest to make "cookies" of their own that won't rust. 

This new year, I'm contemplating the things I will invest in for eternity and eliminating those things that will rust. I'm striving to share the things God has given me––flour, sugar, chocolate chips––to see them from a heavenly perspective to invest in "cookies" that last forever––eternal treasures.

Young Girls––now some are mothers


We Made Cookies


We Baked


We Studied


We Prayed


We Had Serious Conversations 


 We Laughed 


And Received Prizes


We Made Angel Dolls


My Classroom is Quiet Now
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" (Ecclesiastes 3:1a NIV)
Some of my "angel cookies" sprouted their wings and flew on to the next phase of their lives. It was time to go; but soon it will be time for me to guide a new group in God's ways––new classes with new "cookies" will start soon.

I'm looking forward to storing up eternal treasures this new year––"cookies" that don't rust. 

What will be your eternal "cookies" this year that won't rust?

Need a lift and a laugh today?

*If you liked this post you might want to read more about eternal treasures in my article published on Heart Wings Blog. I hope it will give you a lift and a laugh today.






No comments:

Post a Comment